Dear Benedikt Fulbright Makulilo,
Today is Friday February 10th, 2012. It marks your 52 weeks (1 year old) journey since you were born at Los Robles Hospital in Thousand Oaks, CA. It was on Thursday at 5:42 pm Pacific Standard Time when you showed up. I exactly remember how happy both Marie and I were at that minute. We thanked God for Blessing, and you are that Blessing, Benedikt.

I would like to quote one of my favorite Bible verses which tells you were not born by accident. “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet of the nations” [Jeremiah 1:5]. Those God’s words are applicable to every child. Your birth is predetermined by God. God knew you before He formed you in Marie’s womb. You have the purpose to be here. You are a very special, unique and talented kid.

When I was growing up, I had a dream – and the dream is you, Benedikt. I had a road map, worked hard to make sure I would come to America one day. Coming to America was not neglecting my roots as African and specifically Tanzanian. The main purpose was my children could have all opportunities I could imagine and provide to them. All these could not be realized, in my perspective, if I could stay in Tanzania, my home country. But I promised myself, even if I will be living in America, I would do my best to help many people in Tanzania and other developing countries to reach their dreams. My current contribution is helping thousands of people on how to get admissions and scholarships for their studies in Developed World like in USA, Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand etc. That’s why now I am well known scholarship blogger, founder and director of the Makulilo Scholarship Foundation.

In 2008 I arrived in America as Fulbright Scholar – teaching at Marshall University, WV. That journey didn’t end there. After one academic year of teaching, I moved to California for my Master’s Degree in Peace and Justice Studies – University of San Diego. Being in California, I met one beautiful lady, Marie Anna Makulilo (formerly Mowery).  She is your mother. Both Marie and I love so much. We are so happy to be your parents.

Benedikt, it is a great privilege of being born in America. But that should not make you more special than others. It should make you stronger, hard working and helping others. The privilege of being American comes with great responsibility. I truly believe in you. Marie and I will start a special scholarship under your name, BENEDIKT FULBRIGHT MAKULILO SCHOLARSHIP to help orphans and albino children in Tanzania to go to school. When you grow up, you will be in charge of the program, and many children will benefit from your generosity.

Every child is talented. You are talented, Benedikt. God does not create a damn kid. It takes time, patience and a lot of trials to discover that talent. Some people even become old and do not discover their talents. Marie and I will try our best to let you discover your talents at your early age and enjoy what God has given you. We will give every opportunity available to make sure your talent is discovered, seen and appreciated. We don’t care whether you will engage in soccer, swimming, music, American football, basketball, running, arts etc as long you are happy with what you are doing and enjoy it, you have our full support.

One last thing to remember – the meaning you GREAT name. Your name BENEDIKT FULBRIGHT MAKULILO has a special meaning. Your first name Benedikt is after Pope Benedikt XVI (Formerly Joseph Ratzinger). In spelling Benedikt there is “K” instead of “C” as many people are used to English spelling of that name. Since Pope Benedikt is from Germany and in German language the name Benedikt is having “K” so Marie and I did not want to change that. In addition to that, in Kiswahili, there is no usage of “C” to mean “K” that’s why you’re Benedikt with letter “K”.  And for your middle name Fulbright, my dream to come to America was fulfilled by Fulbright Scholarship. The scholarship was named after William James Fulbright. So we chose Fulbright in honor of the dream and more importantly your life will be Full and Bright. Your surname is Makulilo. Makulilo is unsung hero. He is you Grandpa. You will meet him one day and I know you will admire his life and principles.

Benedikt, you are the reason I came to America. 
I came here for you. You are The Dream. May God bless you.
HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY BENEDIKT
I love you more than you can imagine.
It’s your loving Baba,
Ernest Boniface Makulilo (MAKULILO, Jr.)

Michuzi Blog

Tanzanian blog operating since 2005, covering International news and Local News, including Politics, Fashion, Social Scenes, Interviews, Movies, Events, personalities and anything positive happening worldwide. Written in Swahili and English targeting both Swahili and English readers.

Toa Maoni Yako:

Kuna Maoni 13 mpaka sasa

  1. Ama utenzi murua wa baba kwa mwana...happy birthday Benedikt..

    ReplyDelete
  2. sifa za mtoto wako ni za kweli, angalia picha yake, utaona kama vile anasema ,DAIMA MBELE NYUMA MWIKO" hahaaaaa Hongera nimefurahi kwa hadith na mtoto anavyoonekana, hujakosea.

    Mama G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uuh hadi raha! Ni jinsi gani unampenda Benedickt! Upendo unaotoka ndani ya nafsi upendo wa baba kwa mwana! God bless him, guide him to meet Dad's and Mum's goals when he grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish huyu dogo awe na akili kama za babake, maana anatukuna sana kwenye makala zake kwenye Gazeti la JAMHURI kila Jumanne kwa namna anavyotusaidia kujua namna ya kupata udhamini wa kusoma ughaibuni. Hongera dogo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too long mazee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aaahhhh so sweet , happy birthday so lovery

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy birth day to him jamani aishi maisha marefu


    vicky manase
    from MWJ CREW

    MBEYA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nakutakia kila la kheri Baby Benedikt....Mtoto bahati ujio wako utawanufahisha wale wasiojiweza...mimi binafsi nasubiri kwa hamu hiyo foundation itakayoanzishwa kwa jina lako kwa udhamini wa wazazi wako....Hongereni Mr & Mrs Makulilo...saidie wale wasionacho...ndio upendo wa kweli....Please mtakapo anzisha BENEDIKT FULBRIGHT MAKULILO SCHOLARSHIP MTUFAHAMISHE....kwani nina mtoto wa kumlea ambaye ninamsomesha ni albino...kila la kheri....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy BD ,

    A Professor to be!

    Makulilo Jr with book open on your thigs Lil you deserve to be 'a Professor of African Studies!'

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday BenediCt! I must admit, Ernest, that I'm impressed by your initiative of starting the scholarship programme. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hongera sana , ila na mimi jamani nawaombeni msaada mbona hamnijibu ?? nina mashine za kuweza kuunda kiwanda cha kutengeneza juice na kupeki kwenye pakiti za ukubwa wa lita 1 hadi 1 na nusu, nilikinunua kutoka kwa mzungu mmoja aliyekuwa anaondoka nchini, sasa kimekaa tu mda mrefu sasa, sina ujanja wa kukiendesha , jamani harambeee naomba au hata kukiuza kama mtu yuko tayari au UBIA email yangu hii hapa . jacobmayillah@hotmail.ca.mitambo iko magomeni

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Benedict,hongera muzee Makulio.Huyu ni mtoto amekusaidia ukapata makaratasi huko US.God bless you son.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hongereni Benedikt na wazazi! Mr. Makulilo umenifundisha jambo jema. Nitafanya hivyo kwa mwanangu mwenye miezi sita sasa.
    Hongera sana.
    Marcel Baba Melvin

    ReplyDelete

Hii ni Blog ya Watanzania popote walipo duniani kwa ajili ya kuhabarisha, kutoa/kupokea taarifa na kuelimisha mambo yote yaliyo chanya kwa Taifa letu. Tafadhali sana unapotoa maoni usichafue hali ya hewa wala usijeruhi hisia za mtu/watu. Kuwa mstaarabu...