John Mhina (R.I.P).
It has been a very hard day, and very easy to mourn in silence; it takes away the worry of not being able to get your words out, or even just simply getting the right words out.

But silence or not, one thing which I am sure we all appreciate today, is you have made a better world, a better Tanzania through your musical contribution.

John, we have known each other for the last 45 years, from Barkeys to Tanzanite Band, Kilimanjaro Hotel, Seaview, Mount Meru Hotel, Kunduchi Beach Hotel, Nairobi and many other memorable places.

Today, I had to tear up seeing your young girl and boy at your home in Bunju, and I missed you last week at Hyatt Hotel, when Tanzanite Band was playing in a wedding ceremony, and my wife in her own hindsight asked Abraham, “where is John”? I hardly remember what Abraham told her.

I cherish the recent memory on 20 th May 2018, when you sang on my wife's birthday anniversary. Maybe it was a discreet divine farewell.

I and my family will have personal and special memories, of the mark you have left in our hearts, in our lives and it is very hard for me today to believe you are gone forever.

Rest in Peace my brother.

David Sowa Mgwassa
12 th July 2018.

Michuzi Blog

Tanzanian blog operating since 2005, covering International news and Local News, including Politics, Fashion, Social Scenes, Interviews, Movies, Events, personalities and anything positive happening worldwide. Written in Swahili and English targeting both Swahili and English readers.

Toa Maoni Yako:

0 comments so far,add yours

Hii ni Blog ya Watanzania popote walipo duniani kwa ajili ya kuhabarisha, kutoa/kupokea taarifa na kuelimisha mambo yote yaliyo chanya kwa Taifa letu. Tafadhali sana unapotoa maoni usichafue hali ya hewa wala usijeruhi hisia za mtu/watu. Kuwa mstaarabu...