By Alex Kajumulo

I just finished a meeting with the owner of African Lions FCwho plays in the Tanzania Premier League, Mr  Rahim Kangezi

(pictured left) I will be working with him to develop youth soccer players in Tanzania who want to go professional and want to play outside of Tanzania. This month I will be traveling to Tanzania to finalize the deal between Pass Academy and African Lions and the Tanzania Police FC


When I’m in Tanzania I will go to Zanzibar to finalize the contract with Jangombe FC and have a discussion with Zanzibar Football Federation, plus I will come back to Dar Es Salaam to have a meeting with the Young Africans and Tanzania Football Federation (TFF)

I will conduct two coaching sessions for the coaches who want to pursue their career in youth academy development for boys and girls and they will be able to watch the way I conduct my sessions with the African Lions
I will visit and conduct one of the coaching classes in Bukoba the region where I’m from and another session in Muleba the town where I was born. When I’m in my hometown I will visit two elementary schools that I went to when I was a little kid. This year I decided to go again to Tanzania to develop the sport because the current President of Tanzania made that happen for me. Every club in Tanzania is welcome to join.

I will have a discussion about high school and professional coaches and about team/club owners. We will discuss soccer development plus the business behind soccer and how to develop the players to get into US colleges and how to get them into US Major League Soccer. There’s been A LOT OF RUMORS in Tanzania, people are struggling to know which team I support between the Young Africans and Simba. In reality I support the sport, I love the game but if I had to pick a team I would pick the Young Africans. 
The reason that I pick Young Africans is this, Simba used to be Sunderland and Sunderland was ran by a British colony when Tanzania was colonized. The Tanzanians struggled very hard to put together a team to compete against the Sunderlands. They started the team from scratch, and if you remember I helped the Young Africans before, I paid the money for the team to go to the Eastern Central Championships in Uganda when the Young Africans became the Champion and it didn’t stop me from supporting another club in the country. My job is to try to keep that vision going.  
Every Tanzanian knows I love my country and Young Africans represents the struggle for Tanzania. There’s nothing wrong with either team and I have nothing against either one of them. I love the sport, it doesn’t matter if it’s Sunderland or Simbas. Soccer is a sport for the people, the club is for the people. 
This time I want to push the Young Africans to help them to become one of the best clubs in Africa. All Africans know I have done this before with Accra Hearts of Oaks SC, we won all of the Major African Cups and the team was placed number 8 in the world. This time I want to see one of the teams from my country go to the top. Stay tuned for my schedule, it will be out soon. 
I CAN’T FORGET TO MENTION THAT WHEN I’M IN DAR ES SALAAM I WILL BE MEETING WITH SONGBIRD SAIDA KAROLI ABOUT HER TRAVELING TO WASHINGTON STATE FOR THE COFFEE FARMERS MUSICAL FESTIVAL. The date to be announced soon!!

Michuzi Blog

Tanzanian blog operating since 2005, covering International news and Local News, including Politics, Fashion, Social Scenes, Interviews, Movies, Events, personalities and anything positive happening worldwide. Written in Swahili and English targeting both Swahili and English readers.

Toa Maoni Yako:

0 comments so far,add yours

Hii ni Blog ya Watanzania popote walipo duniani kwa ajili ya kuhabarisha, kutoa/kupokea taarifa na kuelimisha mambo yote yaliyo chanya kwa Taifa letu. Tafadhali sana unapotoa maoni usichafue hali ya hewa wala usijeruhi hisia za mtu/watu. Kuwa mstaarabu...