The Bank of Tanzania will hold a two-day Conference of Financial Institutions from 24th to 25th November 2016, at the Arusha International Conference Centre (AICC), Arusha. The Conference will be officiated by Hon. Dr. Philip Mpango, Minister for Finance and Planning.
The Conference of Financial Institutions is a forum created in 1980 under the auspices of the Bank of Tanzania for exchanging views and experiences on issues pertaining to the financial sector and the economy in general. The Conference is held biennially and brings together heads of financial institutions and other stakeholders. The theme for this years’ Conference is: “Harnessing Tanzania’s Geographical Advantage: The Role of the Financial Sector”.
Eight thematic papers will be presented by experts from within and outside Tanzania. The topics include:
1) Exploiting Geographical Advantage: Lessons from Emerging Market Economies.
2) The Challenges of Industrialization in Tanzania: A Comparative Perspective.
3) Pursuing Manufacturing-Based Export-Led Growth in Tanzania: Opportunities and Challenges.
4) Leveraging Transit Trade for Tanzania.
5) Accelerating Corridor Development for Rapid Economic Growth.
6) Extending Tanzania’s Financial Frontiers: The Role of Technology.
7) Extending Tanzania’s Financial Frontiers: Experience, Lessons and Way Forward.
8) Financial Development in Tanzania: Challenges for Industrial Development and Job Creation.
Public Relations and Protocol Department
November 21, 2016